Survey CAD Technician
Department: Survey Engineering
Reports To: Survey Manager
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, provides support to preparing, updating and modifying routine and complex layouts, detail drawings, computer mappings, etc. utilizing AutoCAD and Civil 3D software.
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in computer-aided drafting (CAD) design preferred
- 3-5 years of related experience
Essential Job Duties:
Internal Operational Responsibilities:
- 3 years minimum experience with AutoCAD and/orCivil3D technology
- Knowledge of techniques, practices methods and procedures of computerized mapping and/or computer-aided design techniques, software and equipment
- Ability to follow complex written and oral instructions on multiple assignments
- Ability to read design drawings, maps, and sketches
- Ability to sketch concepts for graphic representation
- Ability to perform mathematical and statistical computations
- Familiarity with engineering terminology
- Effective critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
Other Job Duties:
- Optimizes productivity by proactive planning for efficiency and by keeping the job going in the face of obstacles such as equipment issues or other unknown conditions that may arise.
- Consistently delivers high profitability, quality, and production through sound management of crews. Fully accountable for the accuracy, production, and profitability of the crew
Must be able to read documents, use computers and see other materials necessary for the ongoing development and serving of clients
Must be able to hear and speak clearly
Must be able to sit in a seated position; moving about on foot to accomplish tasks
Working Conditions and Environmental:
Travel required as necessary. Must also be able to attend meetings, etc.
Baskerville-Donovan, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.