Location: Panama City Beach, FL
Reports To: Regional Manager, Panama City Beach Office
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, position would provide support to Design Engineers by preparing complex drawings and project plans to include (but not limited to) utility layouts, roadway and/or ditch plan/profiles, automated cross sections, detail drawings and computerized mappings utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in computer aided design and drafting (CADD); geographic information support (GIS) drafting (preferred);
- 1-2 years of AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
Essential Job Duties:
- Under the direction of an engineer and utilizing BDI document standards, creates or updates maps and/or design drawings using (GIS) or CAD technology;
- Performs calculations related to the engineering design and prepares layouts;
- Develops on-routine and complex plans, specifications and reports.
- Knowledge of techniques, practices methods and procedures of computerized mapping and/or computer aided design techniques, software and equipment;
- Ability to follow complex written and oral instructions on multiple assignments;
- Ability to read design drawings, maps and sketches;
- Ability to sketch concepts for graphic representation;
- Ability to perform mathematical and statistical computations;
- Familiarity with engineering terminology;
- Effective critical thinking and complex problem solving skills.