Location: Panama City Beach, FL
Reports To: Regional Manager, Panama City Beach Office
Candidate will provide support to Design Engineers by preparing complex drawings and project plans to include (but not limited to) utility layouts, roadway and/or ditch plan/profiles, automated cross sections, detail drawings and computerized mappings utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in computer aided design and drafting (CADD); geographic information support (GIS) drafting (preferred);
- 1-2 years of AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
Essential Job Duties:
- Under the direction of an engineer and utilizing BDI document standards, creates or updates maps and/or design drawings using (GIS) or CAD technology;
- Performs calculations related to the engineering design and prepares layouts;
- Develops on-routine and complex plans, specifications and reports.
- Knowledge of techniques, practices methods and procedures of computerized mapping and/or computer aided design techniques, software and equipment;
- Ability to follow complex written and oral instructions on multiple assignments;
- Ability to read design drawings, maps and sketches;
- Ability to sketch concepts for graphic representation;
- Ability to perform mathematical and statistical computations;
- Familiarity with engineering terminology;
- Effective critical thinking and complex problem solving skills.