Location: Pensacola, FL
Under the direction of the Senior Structural Engineer, responsible for the structural design, development, implementation and analysis of engineering products and systems including, but not limited to, tankage and storage of wastewater and water treatment systems, piers, bulkheads, buildings and facilities. Performs structural engineering design evaluations and provides recommendations to the development and design for Baskerville-Donovan, Inc. clients.
- S. in Civil or Structural Engineering, MS preferred
- Minimum of 8-12 years of direct structural engineering experience required
- Current Engineer licenses in the State of Florida with future reciprocity for Alabama
- Experience in water /wastewater facilities preferred, vertical construction and transportation structure including bridges a plus.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepares structural analysis, design calculations, plans, specifications, and estimates according to industry standard criteria and specifications
- Performs construction engineering services including review of shop drawings, test results, and other construction submittals, field observations and inspections, evaluation and preparation of structural revisions
- Oversees consultant and contractor efforts and progress in the development of technical reports, structural design, construction plans and specifications, and their completeness and compliance with good engineering practice. Reviews consultants and contractors submittals, responds to contractor questions and provides comments
- Prepares technical reports, progress reports, special studies, design checks and cost estimates to support other engineers and consultants. Coordinates the preparation of design details, plans, and drawings with other internal engineering disciplines
- Provides structural engineering design for concrete tanks, buildings, and other structures
- Designs concrete, steel, aluminum, masonry, and wood structures
- Designs concrete structures utilizing ACI 318 and ACI 350 for Environmental Structures
- Design crane support systems, pipe supports and other equipment supports and access platforms
- Contributes to standard detail and specification updates
Other Job Duties:
- Field work and travel will be required.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignment as needed
- Other job duties as assigned
- Knowledge of structural engineering principles including construction practices and safety, specification writing, cost estimating, construction phasing
- Knowledge of building codes and application to design situations.
- Experience designing structures for water and wastewater treatment plants
- Experience in structural condition assessments
- Ability to develop complex structural engineering designs with minimal direction
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to use sound judgment
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes setting priorities and meeting schedules
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite & AutoCAD and other specialized computer software programs for structural production, visual analysis or other analysis/design software.
Must be able to read documents, use computers and see other materials necessary for the ongoing development and serving of clients
Must be able to hear and speak clearly
Must be able to sit in a seated position; moving about on foot to accomplish tasks
Ability to lift office supplies; make substantial movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers; picking, pinching typing or otherwise working primarily with the fingers rather than the whole hand
Working Conditions and Environmental:
Professional office environment interacting with other design team members to provide quality design products. Provide field observations of electrical, instrumentation, and control system installations, and perform trouble-shooting testing and investigations on quality issues and malfunctioning equipment
Baskerville-Donovan, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with disability.