Location: Pensacola, FL
Reports To: Regional Manager
The responsibilities of this position include the design and preparation of construction documents for minor and major roadway, sidewalk, shoulder improvements, and drainage design projects. Duties include serving as lead engineer or project manager with tasks associated with plan preparation, cost estimates, report writing, client coordination and permitting. The position requires strong communication skills due the amount of collaboration involved with the team as well as outside agencies, client interaction, etc.
- B.S. in Civil or Transportation Engineering
- 8-10 years or more of experience in Transportation Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Alabama
- Experience in ALDOT transportation design preferred
Essential Job Duties:
- Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles in the planning, design and construction of civil engineering projects.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work to comply with local, state, regional and federal agencies to ensure compliance with applicable standards
- Prepares technical reports, progress reports, etc. as requested by management and/or clients
- Coordinates the preparation of design details, plans and drawings with other internal engineering disciplines.
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance
- Acts as lead designer for a major project or projects of moderate scope with complex features
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with entry-level engineers, technicians or administrative staff
- Assists in determining schedule and budget requirements
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs
Other Job Duties:
- Receives general direction on key objectives
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments as needed
- Occasional field work and travel may be required
- Other job duties as assigned
- Effective critical thinking and complex problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to use sound judgment
- Strong technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts visually and in writing neatly and logically
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes setting priorities and meeting schedules
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, etc.
A working knowledge of Microstation V8i and Inroads is required. Proficiencies in other computer software programs such as Geopak and AutoCAD is beneficial but not required for consideration.
Baskerville-Donovan, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with disability.