Water Resources Engineer Intern
Location: Pensacola, FL
Your primary focus when you join the BDI team will be to provide engineering services for water, wastewater, and reclaimed water systems. This includes all phases, from the planning, funding, design, permitting, bidding, contract administration and construction observation services. You will gain valuable hands-on experience to see projects through from beginning to end.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (preferred)
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
Essential Job Duties:
- Works with jurisdictional agencies in determining permit requirements and prepares permit applications and supporting documentation
- Works collaboratively with a team of engineers and support staff
- Prepares technical reports, progress reports, etc. as requested by management and/or clients
- Attends meetings with staff, clients, contractors, vendors and others as required
- Able to follow detailed instructions and execute tasks in a timely manner
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles and techniques
- Ability to apply standard engineering principles to practical problems
- Ability to use engineering equipment and tools, including computer applications
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to relate abstract ideas into actual needs and adopt an effective course of action
- Willing to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- AutoCAD (Civil 3D preferred)
Baskerville-Donovan, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with disability.